Friday, March 26, 2010

am I the only one?

mild curiousity here.

A week or so ago while wandering in an op shop while waiting for my doctors appointment next door, I saw wonder of wonders some trixie belden books. I just about mugged peter for the car keys and went bolting to the car (as I didn't have my handbag on me) to go buy these books.

Peter has been rather confused considering how excited I was to find them that I haven't cracked them open and devored them like a 2 year old at easter. But I didn't so much want them for ME, I had once had the entire series of trixie and the babysitters club put away for whenever I have a little girl and they were destroyed sadly the backyard and shed was flooded and we didn't consider to think that yes everything in the shed in boxes was also soaking and needed to be removed and spread out to dry out.. and so it got moldy and basically broke down. I was devestated especially considering my soft toys which I had kept were lost backloading from sydney to the gc! I wanted them to put them away for a child who currently doesn't exist may never exist and hey even if she does eventually become a reality may not be interested!

am I the only one who does this? what have you got put away for the next generation? a christing gown when your children aren't baptised? Your wedding gown? toys from previous generations that are politically incorrect but loved all the same?

No comments:

Post a Comment